Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
The Test Engineer candidate will support W&SP by performing end to end test validation for several products and components primarily testing the data layer and dataflows. Additional test validation may include RESTful services and User Interfaces. Develop and maintain test plans, procedures and reports necessary to conduct integration and test activities. Development and maintenance of automated tests via script generation, Selenium, etc. Conduct test activities such as regression, security and stress testing to measure system performance. Assess or generate system requirements, acceptance criteria and generate detailed defects. Work closely with development teams to gain an in-depth level of understanding of the applications, the applications deployment process and troubleshoot defects. Troubleshoot and provide support to end users and or external applications.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in software engineering/development and/or systems engineering/analysis. (Technically related BS may substitute 3 years of work; MS will substitute an additional 2 years)
- Must possess experience in all phases of software engineering to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
- Must have experience with communication applications, database management, use of programming languages and knowledge of storage and retrieval methods.
Skills and Experience in the Following:
- Experienced in complex data validation, data flow, data parser and hands on database testing (Postgres preferred).
- Experienced in test data generation
- Knowledge and experience in automated test generation
- Knowledge and experience of RESTful web service testing including the use of Poster/RESTClient or similar
- Experienced with Linux OS as well as bash/sh scripts
- Test plan, procedure, report generation and maintenance
- Understand and perform exploratory testing
- Identify, verify and report defects; perform root cause analysis by inspecting application logs and through use of browser developer tools, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot defects, user issues and connectivity issues
- Ability to work well in an independent and team environment
- Flexibility and ability to complete tasks in fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Rest Assured
- Selenium Web Driver (Java for TestNG)
- Apache Tomcat
- Jira or Similar
|Job Category||Engineering, Test Engineer|
|Clearance Level Required||TS/SCI with Polygraph|
|Years of Experience Requried||7|