Clearance Requirement: TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Develop new tools using scripting languages that provide methods for data transformation, mapping, standardization, and data characterization
• Devise strategies to extract meaning and value from structured and unstructured data
• Review data namespaces and models to recommend new data structures in support of analytic usage
• Support data wrapping and encoding in line with service APIs (TDF, TCLD, other)
• Review data schemas and perform troubleshooting in line with data structures
• Use tools, such as DataXplorer, to identify key data and subsequently structure data for improved discovery and search capabilities
• Define requirements for enhanced data characterization to improve discovery and search capabilities
• Work with IC partners to characterize data and document data mission value
• Develop characterization and processing documentation for individual datasets
• Provide engineering support to data stewards to ingest data
• Analyze and develop requirements to support the ingest of new and existing data types
• Experience collaborating on and devising strategies to extract meaning and value from structured and unstructured data
• Experience with the development of new requirements to support the characterization and ingestion of new data flows
• Experience with high-level analysis of IC systems, data models, data formats/types, data volumes, and data samples
• Experience with dataflow, routing and data enrichment tools (e.g. NiagaraFiles)
• Experience with scripting languages such as shell scripts, Python, Java, etc., that provide methods for data transformation, mapping, standardization, and data characterization
• Excellent oral and written communications. Comfortable in programmatic and technical exchange with internal SE and software teams, multiple levels of leadership, and across IC and DoD stakeholder agencies
• Skilled with development and implementation of SE processes and workflows
• Working functional knowledge and experience with IC-GovCloud (GM and Content Warehouse)
• BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated herein (such as: Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems).
• Minimum Twenty (20) years experience in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers.
• Twelve (12) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
• At least three (3) years experience architecting and designing hardware and software solutions for large cloud environments such as Hadoop clusters (>1000 nodes).
• At least five (5) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
• At least five (5) years experience in the planning, design, development, implementation and governance of multi-platform, multi-system networks to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• DESIRED: Experience in designing and documenting interfaces, standards, dataflows and scenarios for distributed cloud environments.
• DESIRED: Experience with Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• DESIRED: Experience with planning and implementing infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) platforms such as OpenStack or Eucalyptus cloud computing services, and integrating systems using virtualization management tools such as KVM, VMware, or XenServer.
• DESIRED: Experience with firewall/router configuration, hypervisor, provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures, and developing, operating, and managing networks in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.
• DESIRED: Knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
• DESIRED: Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
|Job Category||Cloud Engineer, Engineering|
|Clearance Level Required||TS/SCI with Polygraph|
|Years of Experience Requried||20|