- Analyzes designs, develops, and/or maintains both hardware and software needed for network communications including local area networks (LANs) wide area networks (WANs), the internet, intranets, and other data communication systems.
- Possesses experience with most common network components to include routers, switches, firewalls, protocols, VoIP, DNS, remote access, VPN, routing, and switching. Also has knowledge of TCP/IP routing technologies including OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP, in addition to knowledge of applicable business lines/industries.
- Communicates complex concepts and data effectively and creatively (both written and oral) across multiple organizations, both internal & external, and with executive company and customer management.
- Performs design, engineering, implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of the local area networks (LAN)s and/or wide area network (WAN), and/or security infrastructure.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of existing network and/or security hardware and software in use to provide third-tier technical and administrative support, and provide complex internal analysis and support of the network and/or security infrastructure.
- Develops network support processes, procedures and guidelines for troubleshooting network events and performing sustaining tasks. Acts as the technical interface with vendors and other external stakeholders and reviews/makes recommendations on network and/or security service/maintenance arrangements.
- Designs and maintains network environments to comply with relevant compliance standards and evaluates, consults and makes technology recommendations to senior management.
- Reviews technical documentation of supported environments to ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower-level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and ten (10) years’ experience; or
- Associates Degree and eight (8) years’ experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and six (6) years’ experience; or
- Master’s Degree and four (4) years’ experience; or
- PhD and two (2) years’ experience.
IAT Level II Certifications including one of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, CND, SSCP; and
CSSP Analyst1 one of the following Certifications: CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA+ Security, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
|Job Category||Engineering, Network Engineer|
|Clearance Level Required||TS//SCI/Poly|
|Years of Experience Requried||2-10|
|Job #||NE024, NE055, NE056|