- Under broad direction, operates and manages all aspects of Information Systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation.
- Implements and monitors security measures for communication systems, networks, and provide advice that systems and personnel adhere to established security standards and Governmental requirements for security on these systems.
- Develops and executes security policies, plans, and procedures; designs and implements data network security measures; operates Network Intrusion Detection and Forensics; conducts performance analysis of Information Systems security incidents; develops Continuity of Operation (COOP)/Disaster Recovery (DR) plans and supports certification of Information Systems and Networks.
- Supervises operation of Electronic Key Management System, other information security duties, and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Operates Host Based Security System (HBSS), firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, other point of presence security tools, Virtual Private Networks, and related security operations.
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower-level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and ten (10) years’ experience; or
- Associates Degree and eight (8) years’ experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and six (6) years’ experience; or
- Master’s Degree and four (4) years’ experience; or
- PhD and two (2) years’ experience.
- IAT Level II Certifications including one of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, CND, SSCP; and
- CSSP Analyst1 one of the following Certifications: CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops CCNA+ Security, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER
- One certification from each category must be achieved in first six months of employment.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
|Job Category||Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineering Specialist, Engineering|
|Clearance Level Required||TS//SCI/Poly|