- Provides feedback to design engineers and evaluates end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle.
- Conducts research and evaluates technical performance of software products and overall segments and systems.
- Ensures products and systems comply with requirements and government information assurance and cyber security standards and practices through formal verification methods.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and analysis.
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they verify/validate the requirements. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements.
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower-level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and six (6) years’ experience; or
- Associates Degree and four (4) years’ experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years’ experience; or
- Master’s Degree and zero (0) years’ experience.
IAT Level II Certifications including one of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, CND, SSCP; and
CSSP Analyst1 one of the following Certifications: CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops CCNA+ Security, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
|Job Category||Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineering Specialist, Engineering|
|Clearance Level Required||TS//SCI/Poly|
|Years of Experience Requried||2-6|
|Job #||CS020, CS024, CS050|