- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT networks
- Manage IT network infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support for IT networks including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the network architecture and devices.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
- Supports hardware infrastructure site surveys, planning, and design.
- Makes recommendations on hardware, cabling, and equipment requirements.
- Provides installation management to include creating list of materials, bills of materials, estimating installation project timelines, determining installation team requirements, successfully executing installation projects, and documenting project status.
- Plans, builds, and installs cable patch panels and cable infrastructures.
- Installs and terminates all types of standard IT cable and fiber.
- Provides equipment rack installation and equipment installations within a variety of locations that includes, but is not limited to, data centers, equipment rooms, communications closets, operations centers, and user workspaces.
- Understands and applies more advanced concepts and processes to daily activities.
- Assists more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Performs all tasks of lower-level technicians or specialists.
- Works individually and actively participates on integrated teams.
- Requires minimal guidance and direction from senior level technicians.
- Provides guidance to lower-level technicians and specialists.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and eight (8) years’ experience; or
- Associates Degree and six (6) years’ experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) years’ experience; or
- Master’s Degree and two (2) years’ experience; or
- PhD and zero (0) years’ experience.
- IAT Level II Certifications including one of the following: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, CND, SSCP; and
- CSSP Analyst1 one of the following Certifications: CEH, CFR, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA+ Security, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, Cloud+, SCYBER
- One certification from each category must be achieved in first six months of employment.
Other Duties Disclaimer
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties and responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
|Job Category||IT Administration, Network Administrator|
|Clearance Level Required||TS//SCI/Poly|
|Years of Experience Requried||2-6|