Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Utilize knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and design efficient and cost effective commodity hardware computing system solutions based on customer requirements.
• Day-to-day tasks include: reviewing customer requirements, performing equipment analysis, creating logic diagrams and BOMs, and peer reviewing system designs.
• Individuals should be able to adapt to changing customer requirements and abide by customer guidelines.
•Meet with the customer to communicate status and risks as well as work in a team environment to accomplish team goals
• Work within established processes to meet scheduled deadlines, and communicate in a timely manner when a schedule is at risk.
• Troubleshoot issues ranging from system design artifacts to customer hardware not performing as expected
• Perform trade analysis to minimize recommendations and present this information to peers and customers as-needed
Position Skills/Experience Required:
• Experience with systems requirements gathering, definition, and documentation capture for physical hardware and for customer provided software
• Ability to interpret customer intent and translate into written physical hardware requirements
• Ability to apply knowledge of system lifecycle (i.e., physical hardware, network growth, hardware reusability, and ease of deployment) to system designs
• Ability to interpret and create logic diagrams and Bill of Materials (BOMs)
• Ability to perform power analysis, hardware interface compatibility analysis
• Attention to detail and excellent communication skills and the ability to work with OEM vendors to define hardware configurations and review/evaluate quotes
• Understanding of computing architecture concepts to include but not limited to the following:
o x86 compatble Processor’s
o x86 compatible Memory Architecture
o RAM memory types (DDR3, DDR4, R-DIMMs, LR-DIMMS)
o Storage (HDD, SSD, NVMe)
o Networking (1GE, 10GE, 40GE, 25GE, 100GE)
o Hardware Interface Protocols (e.g., RS232, Ethernet)
• Experience conducting equipment evaluations
• Experience as an administrator of LINUX
• Experience with scripting languages (PERL, JAVA, PYTHON, or others)
• Understanding of electrical concepts, electrical interfaces, and signal communications
• Exposure to Linux, cloud computing, SIGINT, distributed applications, networking technology.
• BA/BS Degree in a technical discipline related to the experience requirements as stated herein (such as: Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems). Substitute: +6 years of additional experience; AND/OR a related, active certificate may be substituted for 1 year of experience, up to 3 certificates allowed for a total of 3 years substituted.
• Minimum ten (10) years experience in technical roles for Government or Industry customer.
• Eight (8) years experience as a systems, software, or hardware engineer in programs that encompassed: System architecture development; Performing requirements analysis, management and control; multiple activities with multiple vendors; large systems engineering efforts totaling more than $15M/year, or Management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies.
|Job Category||Engineering, Hardware Engineer|
|Clearance Level Required||TS/SCI with Polygraph|
|Years of Experience Requried||10|