Provide CSOC Tier 3 services, which is 24x7x365 coordination, execution, and implementation of all actions required for the containment, eradication, and recovery measures for events and incidents. CSOC Tier 3 services includes malware and implant analysis, and forensic artifact handling and analysis. When a CIRT is stood up, all contractors in support of CSOC Tier 3 services will be under the direct control of, and take direction from, the Government CIRT Commander. While not in a period of incident response, the Contractor shall conduct continuous exercises and dry runs to improve response outcomes in the event of a cyber-incident. All Contractor personnel performing CSOC Tier 3 services shall have or obtain, within six months of start, a certification that is compliant with DoDD 8140.01 and DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II and CSSP Incident Responder.
- Coordinate and implement tasks, performing analysis, and building/documenting response activities required during cyber security incident response, to include but not limited to actions such as implementing containment measures, IP blocks, domain blocks, and disabling user accounts on direction of the Government.
- Coordinates with Security and Installations Directorate (SI) Office of Counterintelligence (SIC), Insider Threat Office (SIII), in addition to other law enforcement and counter intelligence personnel as required to perform advanced investigation and triage of incidents;
- Collaborates with appropriate authorities in the production of security incident reports;
- Categorizes incidents and events;
- Coordinates with other contracts, organizations, activities, and other services as appropriate to ensure incidents are properly reported, contained, and eradicated;
- Coordinates with other contracts, organizations, activities, and other services as appropriate to de-conflict blue / red team activity with open incidents/events;
- Coordinates with other contracts, organizations, activities, and services to ensure government agency recovers from an incident/event;
- Builds timelines, documents, briefings, and other products as required to inform stakeholders of incident response actions, analysis, and the impact of both adversary activity and blue force response actions.
- Documents actions taken and analysis in the authorized ticketing system to a level of detail where the actions taken and analysis are capable of being systematically reconstructed.
- Develops and when approved by the Government generates and updates reports in the Joint Incident Management System (JIMS), Incident Case Management System (ICMS), and/or other authorized reporting systems as directed;
- Develops, maintains, sustains, and when properly authorized by the Government executes custom scripts, tools, and capabilities to collect and analyze data, and to respond to incidents/events;
- Performs digital media analysis on host, server, and network data as required to analyze and respond to an incident, to include but not limited to volatile and non-volatile memory and/or system artifact collection and analysis;
- Develops and identifies indicators of compromise to send to Cybersecurity stakeholders and other Contract Services;
- Provides adversary attribution;
- Performs malware analysis and signature development;
- Provides input to and coordinates with all applicable stakeholders to develop and deliver the daily CSOC Significant Activity Report, the daily CSOC Operations Update, and the Weekly CSOC Status Report;
- Serve as C-IRT members as required and serve under the direct control of, and take direction from, the Government C-IRT Commander;
- Develop and coordinate courses of action with various Government and contract stakeholders, and when properly authorized by the Government, execute Defensive Cyberspace Operations-Internal Defensive Measures on behalf of the NGA on NGA networks and systems;
- Performs digital media analysis and malware reverse engineering on host, server, and network data as required to analyze and respond to an incident, to include but not limited to volatile and non-volatile memory and/or system artifact collection and analysis.
- When properly authorized by the Government, execute custom scripts, tools, and capabilities to collect and analyze data, and to respond to incidents/events;
- Develops, documents, and provides to the Government incident investigation reports which include sufficient information to document the entire lifecycle of the incident and the response, including but not limited to adversary and friendly forces activity, host and network analysis, timelines, and recommendations for corrective actions, recommendations for new Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP) and other recommendations as appropriate, within 30 days of C-IRT stand-down;
- Conduct Quality Control reviews of a percentage closed CSOC Tier 2 tickets each week to ensure proper analysis, categorization, documentation, and notification;
- Coordinate with CSOC Tier 1 and 2 services to remediate all discrepancies and provide recommendations to prevent re-occurrence.
|Job Category||Cyber Security|
|Clearance Level Required||Top Secret/SCI|
|Years of Experience Requried||7-10|