SITEC Consulting is hiring Cloud Engineer-Systems Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and advanced degree in a technical field is desired. The qualified candidate will have twelve (12) years experience in a technical role in projects and programs for government or industry customers and five (5) years experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation. Eperience in Solaris and Linus; Solaris, Linux, and Windows utilities and techniquest to diagnose and correct performance bottlenecks. Strong experience designing complex collection systems; integrating systems using multiple operating systems; performing tradeoff studies; and/or System performance analysis. Experience proving leadership for system engineering of large-scale systems, majore system elements, and/or interfacing systems. Experience in Agile development menthodology such as Maryland Customer Spin development.
• Experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass systems architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation
• Experience with customer requirement solicitation, capture, and refinement, decomposing requirements into system and functional requirements, generating systems engineering artifacts and in conducting Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) and technology evaluations
• Experience in application migration into cloud environments and technologies, as well as customer data types, protocols, and policies (AWS, AZURE, etc.)
• Knowledge of and experience in database technologies such as Accumulo, Elasticsearch, or Splunk
• Strong system engineering experience working with development teams as well as demonstrated proficiency engaging with senior developers
• Excellent technical, nontechnical and bridging communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience with JIRA and Agile/Kanban methodologies
• Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
• Experience with or knowledge of analytics processing
• Experience with an intelligence community and signals intelligence mission(s), data flow, and data formats (ASDF, BLOODYMARY, TCLD, etc.)
• Experience with conceptual data modeling
• Experience developing specifications in accordance with capabilities compliance
• Understanding of customer security and compliance regulations, directives, and policies; experience interfacing with and navigating policy and compliance governing organizations processes
• Experience working with security teams to obtain ATO including system hardening
• Provide systems engineering support to large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems within a cloud or virtual environment.
• Provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design and/or implementation, or testing for the program
• Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications.
• Support cloud technology adoption and integration of components into the cloud architecture
• Interface with compliance and security organizations to investigate, guide and ensure appropriate data handling and security postures are included in requirements, design, and implementations.
• Guide users in formulating requirements, advise alternative approaches, conduct feasibility studies, and identify risk
• Facilitate the interface between customer and development teams; communicate requirements and design to developer teams for implementation; track and review development, keeping the customer in the loop
• Review and draft white papers and technical materials
• Develop physical models based on relational data to potentially be housed in a non-relational cloud technology database
• Develop efficient and access-compliant manifestations of data using cloud technologies
• Use tools and analysis to identify key data and subsequently structured data for improved discovery and search capabilities
• Compare and contrast performance, scalability, maintainability, availability, security, and compliance of database technologies
• Conduct statistical analysis of data
|Job Category||Cloud Engineer, Engineering|